Terms and Conditions
Last update: January 25, 2023
Terms and Conditions
Last update: January 25, 2023
Please read these YouSet Site Terms and Conditions carefully. These Terms and Conditions create an agreement (the “Agreement” or “Terms”) between you and 10484750 Canada Inc. (“YouSet”, “we,” “our” or “us”) regarding your access to and use of the youset.ca website (“Site”). If you accept this Agreement for an entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please click “Cancel” or “Back” and do not use the Site.
Content and Use
All services mentioned on the Site (the “Services”) are subject to the terms and conditions of the contracts and policies applicable. The Terms may be changed at any time without prior notice. You agree to review the Terms regularly and if you continue to use the Site following any such changes, agree to be bound by any new or revised terms and conditions.
We grant you a limited right to use the Services for your internal business or personal use. You may use the Services only as permitted in this Agreement. You will not resell, reframe, distribute, use on a timeshare, outsource, or otherwise directly commercialize the sale or lease of the use of the Services. You may need to provide additional information in order to register for and/or use certain Services. You warrant that the information you provide during the registration process is accurate.
Your Account and Information
Certain aspects of the Services may require you to obtain an account by completing a registration form. When registering, you must: (a) provide true, current and complete information about yourself on the registration form and (b) maintain such information so it continues to be true, current and complete. You are entirely responsible for all materials and information that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Services. Only you may use your account and you are responsible for your account. You agree to promptly notify Us of any unauthorized use of your account of which you become aware.
This Site offers a secure way of obtaining a home and auto insurance quote and purchasing, modifying or cancelling a home and auto insurance policy online. An online quote does not represent an acceptance of insurance nor a guarantee of insurability. To allow us to issue, modify or cancel your insurance, you must declare all known facts which are likely to materially influence us in the setting of the premium, appraising the risk and/or deciding to provide coverage. The information provided to us must be correct; otherwise it is possible that you will be unable to obtain an insurance quote or to purchase, modify or cancel an insurance policy online.We are not responsible if the information you provide is inaccurate in any way. A false statement or witholding important information that could influence the insurer’s decision to accept the risk may lead to a Ab initio cancellation of the policy.
You agree that clicking on certain buttons stating “yes”, “next”, “confirm”, “continue” and any other similar descriptions, will constitute your signature and confirm your intention to purchase, modify or cancel an insurance policy online. You agree to be bound by these Terms and to pay the premiums and any applicable taxes. It is your responsibility to provide us valid payment information. Note that when choosing the option to connect to your bank account through our Services, we will obtain access to your bank account number and your current bank account balance. Invalid payment information or insufficient funds may lead to additional charges or the cancellation of your policy.
In the event where you provide personal information regarding a third party, you confirm that such third party has authorized you to disclose such personal information to us. When there are co-insureds on an insurance policy, each co-insured agrees that: (i) any co-insured listed on a policy, acting alone, shall be designated as responsible for the file, (ii) any co-insured listed on a policy, acting alone, has power of attorney to act on the behalf of the other co-insureds to purchase, modify or cancel the insurance policy, and (iii) we can act on the instructions of such co-insured, acting alone, without any further investigation or confirmation. This power of attorney can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Additional information may be required by our insurance brokers over the phone, or other electronic media, in order to process or review your request. Any quote or premium provided through the Site is not guaranteed and may be reviewed with you over the phone, or other electronic media, by one of our insurance brokers.
When you purchase an insurance policy online, we give you the option to electronically access most of your insurance documents. You may only receive a paper copy of these documents by mail or only receive an electronic copy of these documents via electronic media, or receive both a paper copy and an electronic copy of these documents. You understand that these electronic documents may be used as evidence and will have the same force of law as if you had received them by mail. By receiving electronic documents only, you agree that the email address you provided is your last known address as defined in the Quebec Civil Code or equivalent legislation. You are responsible for notifying us, in a timely manner, of any email address change. When you receive a paper copy or electronic copy of documents, it is your responsibility to share the documents with the other co-insureds on the policy to ensure that all co-insureds have the same level of information concerning their insurance policy.
Certain information regarding your quote in your account is presented in summary form. Users must always refer to their insurance policy for a complete description of their selected coverage.
Privacy and Data Protection
We will comply with all applicable data privacy laws in the performance of the Services. As a part of that compliance, We will use at least industry standard technical, procedural and physical means to protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information (as defined in YouSet’s Privacy Statement). Additional information about Our privacy practices may be in the applicable documentation, and in Our Privacy Statement.
You agree that We may contact you via e-mail or otherwise with information relevant to your use of the Services and your payment obligations. You also agree to have your name and/or email address listed in the header of certain communications you initiate through the Services.
Ownership and Proprietary Rights
The information on the Site is protected by current Canadian legislation governing copyright, patent, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights, as well as similar legislation in other territories, as the case may be. The logo, design, text, software, technical drawings, configurations, graphics, other files, and their selection and arrangement as displayed on the Site will remain at all times the property of YouSet. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Services is transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All copyright and other notices must be retained. No content from the Site may be cited or incorporated into any other website without clearly indicating the source of the Site and without written consent of YouSet. Any infringement of YouSet’s rights may result in legal action.
Warranty and Warranty Disclaimer
To the extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to use the Services at your own risk. You agree that we will not be responsible for any harm to any device, any loss of data, or any other harm that results from your use of the Services. We do not guarantee that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. to the extent allowed by applicable law, the Services are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” for your use without warranties or conditions, either express, implied or statutory.
The information and descriptions contained on the Site are not intended to be complete and accurate descriptions of all terms, conditions and exclusions of the product and services. The terms, conditions and exclusions of the Services described on the Site may not be accurate, complete and current at all times. In case of any discrepancy between the Site and any insurance policy, the latter will prevail. Our services are offered only in Canada and to Canadian residents, and certain Services may not be available in all regions of Canada.
Except as expressly stated in this section, to the extent allowed by applicable law, We (i) expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty, condition or other implied term as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement and (ii) make no warranty or representation regarding the Services, any information, materials, goods or services obtained through the Services, or that the Services will meet any of your requirements, or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
While YouSet aims to provide the most appropriate insurance coverage for your needs based on the accurateness of the information you agree to provide to us, we expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, express or implied, arising from the insurance coverage chosen by you and/or its adequacy for your specific needs and specifications. You agree that the decision to select any recommended form of insurance coverage is your own and YouSet shall bear no responsibility related to this selection.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that YouSet (which includes, collectively, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, supplies and licensors) and any approved source will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, exemplary, special or consequential damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of revenues, profits, goodwill or anticipated sales or savings, procurement of substitute goods and/or services, or interruption to business or wasted administrative time. These exclusions apply regardless of the theory of liability, or whether related to your use or inability to use the services, or otherwise. These exclusions apply even if YouSet has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Use of Statistics
Less than 4 minutes is the average time to complete a quote based on internal testing from our software engineering team. Time may vary per user depending on multiple factors. 29% is the average savings based on quotes completed on our website from January 2021 to December 2021 and calculated using the premium charged by other insurers compared to the recommended insurer. This amount is for information purposes only and does not guarantee savings. 15% savings by bundling home and auto insurance represents the potential savings by combining the two products with the same insurer. This amount is for information purposes only and does not guarantee savings
Prior to automobile quotes being given, we would like all Ontario residents to be aware of the following factors. You can see how many insurance companies you can obtain quotes from by visiting our Disclosure Letter. The levels of insurance that you will be quoted for will vary based on the information provided during the quoting process. Our advice concerning what minimum coverage we are recommending as part of the quoting process will be visible once you have answered all our questions and be given a quote. If you are not satisfied with the quote given, you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know if there are any other alternatives available to you.
- Severability; Entire Agreement. These Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. If a court holds that we cannot enforce a part of these Terms as written, you and we will replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under the relevant law, but the rest of these Terms will remain in effect. This is the entire contract between you and Us regarding the Services. It supersedes any prior contract or oral or written statements regarding your use of the Services.
- Assignment. We may assign, transfer, or otherwise dispose our rights and obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. You may not assign this Agreement or transfer any rights to use the Services, unless we allow you to do so in writing.
- Updates to this Agreement. We reserve the right to modify these Terms. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will publish a new version on the Site. If you do not accept the changes, you must stop using and cancel your account by emailing email@example.com. Your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these Terms means that you are consenting to the updated Terms.
- Waiver. The failure of either of us to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any of the provisions of these Terms or to exercise any rights or remedies under these Terms will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such right to assert or rely upon any such provision, right or remedy in that or any other instance; rather, the same will remain in full force and effect.
- Legal Compliance. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to your receipt and use of the Services. These laws include (without limitation): (a) privacy laws and regulations, (b) laws relating to the recording of communications and (d) anti-corruption laws. It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have the right to use all features of the Services in your jurisdiction. The Services may not be available in all countries and it may not be available for use in any particular location. We may modify or discontinue Services features to comply with applicable laws and regulations. YouSet will comply with all applicable laws in the provision of the Services to you.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of Quebec and the federal laws of Canada applicable in Quebec.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties.
- Third Party Products. In some cases, We use third parties to provide the online quotes you receive on our site or to assist us in advertising our services to you. With respect to the quotes you get, the only information shared with the third party is the information required to provide you with an accurate quote. Depending on the type of quote you are seeking, this information may be comprised of one or more of the following: your age, gender, marital status, and insurance history. This information is only shared as necessary for the third party to provide you with an accurate quote. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose.
- Notices. We may provide you with notice via email, regular mail and/or postings on Our website. Notices to Us should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org unless this Agreement specifically allow other means of notice.
If you have any questions or concerns concerning our Terms, please write to us at email@example.com